Venom Immunotherapy (VIT): A Guide for Clinical Immunology/Allergy Specialists
The ASCIA VIT consent form should be completed after a patient or parent/guardian has read the ASCIA VIT FAQ.
VIT product supply updates are available at www.allergy.org.au/members/insect-allergy
This document supersedes information contained in the older 2014 ASCIA Allergen Immunotherapy Manual. It has been updated by the ASCIA Immunotherapy Working Party and extracted into this separate Guide. ASCIA Immunotherapy Working Party members are listed on the ASCIA website. ASCIA resources are based on published literature and expert review.
- Aims of Venom Immunotherapy
- Patient and Allergen Assessment and Selection
- Indications Contraindications and Precautions
- Description of Insects and Stings
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Venom Cross Reactivity
- Available Products
- Efficacy and Outcomes
- Treatment Setting and Follow-up
Webpage updated July 2023