Meetings for ASCIA Trainee Members
ASCIA Associate Trainee video meetings
Regular Zoom meetings for ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members are co-chaired by the Trainee representatives on ASCIA Council, Dr Aimee Huynh (QLD) and Dr Liam Beiglari (NSW), from December 2022 onwards. These meetings are specific for ASCIA Associate Trainee members, who are encouraged to raise issues for discussion. Liam and Aimee can raise relevant items based on these discussions at ASCIA Council meetings, which are held four times a year, usually in March, June, September and December.
ASCIA Annual Clinical Grand Rounds
Each year ASCIA hosts its annual Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) as part of the ASCIA Annual Conference. In 2020 ASCIA CGR was held in conjunction with the ASCIA WA Immunology Hybrid meeting, due to the ASCIA Conference not proceeding that year.
Submission of ASCIA CGR cases is limited to advanced trainees in allergy/immunology.
ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members are also encouraged to register and submit poster abstracts for ASCIA Annual Conferences, to further their knowledge in all areas of clinical immunology and allergy. For more information go here.
ASCIA Annual Conference Poster and CGR prizes are listed here.
ASCIA Advanced Training Meetings 2007-2022
- 2007, May - APPID Summer School - Port Douglas, QLD
- 2008, 10 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Blue Mountains NSW
- 2009, 9 May - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2010, 9-13 May - APPID Summer School - Hobart TAS
- 2011, 6-7 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2012, 1-2 June - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2013, 12-16 May - APPID Summer School - Manly NSW
- 2014, 2-4 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2015, 12 September - ASCIA Autoimmunity Update - Adelaide SA
- 2016, 24-28 July - ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting - Melbourne VIC
- 2017, 29-30 July - ASCIA Environmental Allergy Meeting and Private Practice Workshop - Sydney NSW
- 2018, 8 September - ASCIA Autoimmunity Update - Canberra ACT 2018 ASCIA (held n conjunction with the ASCIA 2018 Conference)
- 2019, 26-30 May - ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting - Manly NSW
- 2022, 18 June - ASCIA Allergy, PID and Autoimmunity Advanced Training Meeting - Manly, NSW
Participation in the ASCIA Primary Immune Deficiency (PID) Advanced Training meetings (previously known as Summer Schools) is restricted to current ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members or recently qualified clinical immunology/allergy specialists, who have not previously attended these meetings. Information from the APID training meeting in May 2019 is on the ASCIA website www.allergy.org.au/conferences/advanced-trainees/apid
It is our intention that ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members participate in at least one Advanced Training Meeting during advanced training, or soon after completion of advanced training.
Prior to 2007 it had been almost a decade since the last ASCIA Advanced Training Meeting had been held. We are grateful to Dr Joanne Smart, Dr Karl Bleasel and Professor Dominic Mallon for initiating the ASCIA Advanced Training meetings which have now been held since 2007.
Information about advanced training
Content updated November 2022