ASCIA Advanced Training Meetings
2017, 29 July - ASCIA Advanced Training Meeting - Environmental Allergy - RACP Education Centre, Sydney, NSW
2018 ASCIA Autoimmunity Update (date and venue TBC)
2019 ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting (dates and venue tbc)
2020 ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training Meeting (date and venue tbc)
Since 2007 ASCIA has hosted the following annual training meetings for advanced trainees:
- 2007, May - APPID Summer School - Port Douglas, QLD
- 2008, 10 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Blue Mountains NSW
- 2009, 9 May - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2010, 9-13 May - APPID Summer School - Hobart TAS
- 2011, 6-7 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2012, 1-2 June - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2013, 12-16 May - APPID Summer School - Manly NSW
- 2014, 2-4 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2015, 12 September - ASCIA Autoimmunity Update for Advanced Trainees and Consultants - Adelaide SA
- 2016, 24-28 July - ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting - Melbourne VIC
Participation in the ASCIA Primary Immune Deficiency (PID) Advanced Training meetings (previously known as Summer Schools) is restricted to advanced trainees or recently qualified consultants and numbers are limited to a maximum of 20 delegates.
All delegates at the ASCIA Advanced Training meetings are encouraged to register for the ASCIA Annual Conferences, which run for 3-4 days, usually in September each year, to further their knowledge in all areas of clinical immunology and allergy.
Prior to 2007 it had been almost a decade since the last ASCIA Advanced Training Meeting had been held. We are therefore grateful to Dr Joanne Smart and Dr Karl Bleasel for instigating the ASCIA PID Summer Schools and to Professor Dominic Mallon for instigating the most recent ASCIA Advanced Training meetings.
It is our intention that ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members participate in at least one of each of the 3 types of meetings during advanced training, or soon after completion of advanced training.
Further information about advanced training
Content updated January 2017