ASCIA Media Awards
From 2005 to 2007 the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) offered annual ASCIA Media Awards to recognise outstanding medical and health reporting on allergic and immune diseases in Australia and New Zealand. Journalists working in Australia or New Zealand, reporting to either the public or health professionals were eligible for these awards.
Entries were judged on the quality with which each article or program:
- raises awareness of the disease
- is medically accurate
- includes and acknowledges information sourced from the ASCIA website
- includes and acknowledges information sourced from ASCIA members
- directs the reader/listener to appropriate additional resources
- is creative and the quality of writing / reporting is excellent.
Since 2008 these grants have been temporarily suspended due to the effects of the GFC on the funding source for these grants.
Content updated November 2010