ASCIA Submissions 2020
- ASCIA submission to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care on the draft Acute Anaphylaxis Clinical Care Standard. Lodged 13 December 2020.
ASCIA Feedback Anaphylaxis Clinical Std 2020-12-13137.58 KB
- ASCIA submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee for Health, Aged Care and Sport Parliamentary Inquiry into new drugs and novel medical technologies. Lodged 3 November 2020
ASCIA_Submission_Parliamentary_Inquiry_2020.pdf173.17 KB Note: This is also listed as Submission 147 on https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/House/Health_Aged_Care_and_Sport/Newdrugs/Submissions
- ASCIA Immunodeficiency Strategy for Australia and New Zealand. Completed November 2020 and lodged as an attached to the ASCIA submission to the Parliamentary Inquiry 3 November 2020.
- ASCIA response to Medical Research Future Fund consultation to inform the third Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities 2020-2022. Lodged 7 October 2020.
ASCIA MRFF consultation response 2020-10-0712.09 KB
ASCIA response to dupilumab (Dupixent®) application for severe uncontrolled asthma (included in the November 2020 PBAC meeting agenda). Lodged 21 September 2020.
ASCIA letter PBAC re Dupilumab 2020-09-2147.86 KB
- ASCIA response to Anapen adrenaline (epinephrine) autoinjector application (included in the November 2020 PBAC meeting agenda). Lodged 17 September 2020.
ASCIA letter PBAC re Anapen 2020-09-1764.48 KB
ASCIA submissions to Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC) Immunoglobulin Review Consultations 1591 and 1592. Lodged 10 September 2020.MSAC – 1591 – Secondary hypogammaglobulinaemia unrelated to haematological malignancies, or post-haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)200.69 KB
- ASCIA response to FSANZ Call for Submissions on Application A1175 – Rapeseed Protein Isolate as a Novel Food. Lodged 4 September 2020. ASCIA letter FSANZ 2020-09-0493.87 KB
ASCIA pre-budget submission. Lodged 24 August. This is an amended version of the submission lodged in January 2020. ASCIA Pre-Budget Submission 2020-2021 2020-08-24 400.83 KB
- ASCIA letter to the Minister for Health (Hon Greg Hunt MP) regarding ASCIA feedback on recommendations in the Allergies and Anaphylaxis Inquiry Report. Submitted 14 July 2020.
ASCIA Letter re Feedback on Recommendations in the Allergies and Anaphylaxis Inquiry Report155.79 KB
Feedback on Recommendations in the Report from the Allergies and Anaphylaxis Parliamentary Inquiry230.05 KB
- Joint letter from ASCIA, National Allergy Strategy, A&AA and CFAR to the Minister for Health (Hon Greg Hunt MP), in response to Recommendation 1 in the Report on the Parliamentay Inquiry into Allergies and Anaphylaxis. Submitted 30 June 2020. Joint letter to Minister Hunt 30-06-20100.27 KB
- ASCIA letter to the Minister for Health (Hon Greg Hunt MP) in response to the Report on the Parliamentay Inquiry into Allergies and Anaphylaxis Walking the allergy tightrope - Addressing the rise of allergies and anaphylaxis in Australia tabled on 15 June 2020 in the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia. Submitted 19 June 2020.
ASCIA Letter Hon Greg Hunt 2020-06-19162.99 KB
- ASCIA letter to the Drug Utilisation Sub Committee (DUSC) of the PBAC regarding a confidential report on the use of omalizumab for the treatment of chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU). Submitted 27 May 2020. ASCIA letter DUSC PBAC re Omalizumab 20200527137.47 KB
ASCIA letter to the Minister for Health (Hon Greg Hunt MP) and Chief Medical Officer (Professor Brendan Murphy), regarding the potential of immune blockers in treatment of COVID-19. Submitted 5 May 2020. A response was received on 10 June 2020. As of August 2021 there are now shortages in Australia of Tociluzumab, an immune blocker which is being used internationally to treat COVID-19.
ASCIA letter AU Govt re COVID19 Treatments 20200505 146.09 KB
ASCIA letter to PBAC regarding concerns about revised PBS listings for antibiotics and patients with immunodeficiencies. Submitted 27 April 2020. ASCIA letter PBAC Immunodeficiencies Antibiotics 2020-04-2786.61 KB Changes were made on 1 May 2020 to allow patients who require prolonged oral antibiotic therapy to access an increased maximum quantity and/or repeat(s), as described in Revised PBS listings for Antibiotic use
ASCIA letter to PBAC regarding access to adrenaline (epinephrine) auto-injectors on the PBS. Submitted 24 April 2020. ASCIA letter PBAC Anaphylaxis Adrenaline 20200424131.90 KB
Joint letter from A&AA, ASCIA, National Allergy Strategy and CFAR to the Ministerial Forum on Food Regulation and FSANZ P1053. Submitted 30 April 2020. Ministerial Forum P1053 Final 300420753.65 KB FSANZ has responded that they will continue to consider allergen management within the scope of the chapter 3 review as the project progresses.
ASCIA letter to the Minister for Health (Hon Greg Hunt MP), regarding telehealth changes. Submitted 7 April 2020.
ASCIA Letter Hon Greg Hunt 20200407137.54 KB Changes to telehealth have since been made, effective 20 April 2020. www.allergy.org.au/members/covid-19#cd4
ASCIA letter to PBAC regarding dupilumab submission for atopic dermatitis. Submitted 2 March 2020.
ASCIA letter PBAC Dupilumab 2020030275.35 KB Dupilumab has been recommended by the PBAC for PBS listing. For details refer to the announcement here.
ASCIA submission to FSANZ Plain English Labelling (PEAL) proposal P1044. Submitted 27 February 2020.
ASCIA FSANZ P1044 Submission 2020 02 27160.82 KB
ASCIA pre-budget 2020-2021 submission. Submitted 10 January 2020.
ASCIA Pre-Budget Submission 2020-2021808.7 KB