Undergraduate Allergy Training for Health Professionals Survey
People who are involved in the development and/or delivery of tertiary healthcare degrees in Australia are invited to complete a survey about allergy training. ASCIA is conducting this survey as part of the National Allergy Council Shared Care for Allergy Project.
The purpose of this survey is to:
- Find out what allergy training is currently being provided in tertiary healthcare degrees.
- Collect information to make recommendations to government about including evidence-based, best-practice allergy education as part of education and training for all relevant health professionals entering the workforce in Australia.
Why is collecting this information important?
- Allergy is a significant public health issue with over 4 million Australians living with allergies.
- We currently do not know what allergy training is being provided to students undertaking tertiary study in healthcare.
- Your feedback will help ASCIA to improve allergy training in tertiary degrees for future health professionals by standardising training for undergraduate health professionals, which will improve how people with allergic disease are managed in the community.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and your responses will be securely stored by Qualtrics and only accessed by approved employees of ASCIA. Any identifiable information received will not be stored with your responses. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Emily Mamo (ASCIA Senior Project Officer) at
Quick Links to ASCIA Website Resources
ASCIA Resources for Health Professionals include Guidelines, Position Papers/Statements, Action Plans, Treatment Plans, Management Plans, Checklists and e-training courses.
ASCIA Action, First Aid, Management, Transfer, Travel and Treatment Plans provide concise guides for patients and carers to follow at home, in medical facilities, in the community (school, children's education care services, other institutions) and in workplaces.
ASCIA Fast Facts provide for concise information about allergy and other immune diseases for patients and carers. Updated 2023.
ASCIA Information for Patients and Carers provides more detailed information on more than 140 topics.
For information about how ASCIA information is developed go to www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/website-information
Webpage updated November 2023