ASCIA Annual Conference
ASCIA 2021 Conference Update
The ASCIA 2021 Conference is now being hosted as a virtual event from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd September 2021. The program will include:
- Sessions from 10.00-17.30 AEST each day (08.00-15.30 AWST, 09.45-17.00 ACST, 12.00-19.30 NZST).
- Concurrent sessions for Nurses, Dietitians and Medical Associate ASCIA members on Friday 3rd September 2021.
- ASCIA-CFAR Symposium from 13.00-15.00 on Wednesday 1st September.
- Poster and Clinical Grand Round presentations from 13.00-15.00 on Thursday 2nd September.
- ASCIA-ANZVASC Symposium from 13.00-15.00 on Friday 3rd September.
Concurrent sessions will be recorded so that they can be viewed by registered delegates throughout the event.
The ASCIA 2021 Conference website is being updated and registration will open in May 2021. In the meantime you can view the preliminary program summary, registration fees, abstract submission information and sponsorship-exhibition prospectus here:
Preliminary Program Summary ASCIA2021 VIRTUAL Preliminary Program Summary124.85 KB
Registration Fees ASCIA2021 VIRTUAL Registration Fees74.89 KB
Abstract Submission ASCIA2021 VIRTUAL Abstract Submission102.10 KB
Sponsorship-Exhibition Prospectus ASCIA2021 VIRTUAL Sponsorship Prospectus154.21 KB
The ASCIA 2021 Conference sessions have been timed to allow:
- International speakers to present and answer questions live.
- Delegates to attend from different time zones in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
- Opportunities for delegates to interact and network through chat forums.
New sponsorship opportunities in 2021 include:
- Sponsored sessions of 45 minutes each, from 09.00-09.45 AEST each day and from 17.45-18.30 on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Digital advertising between presentations and during the breaks.
- A virtual exhibition with chat forums each day.
Confirmed international speakers are:
Dr Kathleen Sullivan (USA) https://www.chop.edu/doctors/sullivan-kathleen-e
A/Prof Paul Turner (UK) https://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/p.turner
We are also intending to host sponsored hybrid dinner meetings in each region (restrictions permitting) on the Thursday evening, in conjunction with the ASCIA 2021 Conference. These dinners will be coordinated by the ASCIA Council Area Representatives for each region.
The ASCIA 2021 Conference will continue to provide an international standard of continuing professional development (CPD). It is also a unique opportunity to interact with ASCIA members and other health professionals working in allergy and clinical immunology.
In 2022 the ASCIA Conference will be held as a hybrid event in Melbourne from Wednesday 31st August to Friday 2nd September, so please note these dates in your 2022 calendar.
We look forward to your involvement in the ASCIA 2021 Conference.
|Prof Michaela Lucas||Jill Smith|
|ASCIA President||ASCIA CEO|
On behalf of the ASCIA 2021 Conference committee:
ASCIA 2021 Conference committee
Chair - Prof Michaela Lucas (WA)
ASCIA Directors: Dr Theresa Cole (VIC), A/Prof Jane Peake (QLD), Dr Michael O'Sullivan (WA).
ASCIA Committee Chairs: Dr Karl Baumgart (NSW), Dr Lara Ford (NSW), Dr Katie Frith (NSW), Prof Connie Katelaris AM (NSW), Dr Kathryn Patchett (NSW),
ASCIA Associate Representatives: Kathy Beck (QLD), Dr Kathryn Heyworth (QLD), Dr Hannah Hu (NSW), Briony Tyquin (NSW).
Other members: Dr Dean Tey (VIC), Dr Tiffany Hughes (SA), Dr Jan Sinclair (NZ).
Thursday evening dinner meetings will be coordinated by the ASCIA Council Area Representatives for each region:
Dr Elizabeth da Silva (ACT), Dr Narinder Kaur (NSW), Dr Andrew Baker (NZ), Dr Alberto Pinzon (QLD), Dr Jovanka King (SA), Dr Stephanie Richards (VIC), A/Prof Kristina Rueter (WA).
Other Conference Information
- ASCIA Conference 2019 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2018 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2017 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2016 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2015 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2014 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2013 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2012 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2011 Report
- ASCIA Annual Basten Oration
- 30 Years of ASCIA Annual Conferences (1990-2019)
- Published Abstracts ASCIA Conferences (2006-2019)
- Schedule for future ASCIA Annual Conferences
- Awards and Grants
Content updated March 2021