ASCIA Annual Conference
ASCIA 2023 Conference
It is a pleasure to invite you to participate in the ASCIA 2023 Conference, which will be held at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Sydney from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th September 2023. Virtual online participation will also be possible for delegates who are unable to attend in-person.
ASCIA annual conferences are the leading source of allergy and clinical immunology continuing professional development (CPD) for health professionals in Australia and New Zealand. To provide further CPD opportunities, registered delegates can view sessions (which are all recorded) on demand for six months after the conference.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program will include:
- Current allergy and clinical immunology issues and research presented by more than 60 speakers.
- Main sessions from 9am to 6pm AEST each day, with a focus on Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis on Wednesday; Drug, Insect, Animal and Respiratory Allergy on Thursday; and Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and Autoinflammatory Disorders on Friday.
- Immunodeficiency Update for Nurses on Thursday.
- Allergy Updates for Nurses and Dietitians on Friday.
- Clinical Allergy Update for Medical Practitioners on Friday.
- Presentations of clinical grand rounds (CGR) cases and selected posters on Tuesday.
- Sponsored sessions each morning (Wednesday to Friday) and after lunch on Thursday and Friday.
- Recording of all sessions, to enable on demand viewing, resulting in further CPD opportunities.
To improve sustainability, the ASCIA 2023 Conference will feature:
- A living, digital Program Book, which can be kept up to date and reduces waste associated with printing.
- Online posters, which reduces production costs and waste associated with printing and transporting of posters.
- Namebadges that will do not include a plastic holder and recyclable lanyards.
- Tuesday 2nd May 2023 - Registration and abstract submission will open at https://ascia2023.com/
- Tuesday 4th July 2023 – Closing date for earlybird registration and abstract submission
The ASCIA 2023 Conference will provide an international standard of CPD for ASCIA members and other health professionals working in allergy and clinical immunology. It will also provide an opportunity for important in-person interactions with colleagues.
We look forward to your involvement.
|Dr Katie Frith||A/Prof Theresa Cole||Jill Smith|
|Chair, ASCIA 2023 Conference||ASCIA President||ASCIA CEO|
On behalf of the ASCIA 2023 Conference committee (in alphabetical order by surname):
Dr Katie Frith (Chair), Dr Paul Gray, Dr Alisa Kane, Dr Karuna Keat, A/Prof Jennifer Koplin, Dr Kathryn Patchett, A/Prof Kirsten Perrett, Dr Kahn Preece, Dr Shruti Swamy, Dr Winnie Tong, Dr Brynn Wainstein, Dr James Yun.
ASCIA 2023 Immunodeficiency and Allergy Updates for Nurses and Dietitians: Kathy Beck, Jan Belcher, Wendy Birks, Geraldine Dunne, Carolina Valerio.
ASCIA 2023 Clinical Allergy Update for Medical Practitioners: Dr Kathryn Heyworth, Dr Rohit Saldanha, Dr Lara Ford.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference is organised by ASCIA in conjunction with ICMSA.
ASCIA Team: Jill Smith, Michelle Haskard, Rikki Dunstall, Nadene Dorling.
ICMSA Team: Siobhan Jensen (Event Manager), Jessica Moebus (Event Coordinator), Emily Glen (Delegate Services), Alisha Hayes (Sponsored Sessions).
ASCIA Conference Reports and Information
- ASCIA Conference 2022 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2021 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2019 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2018 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2017 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2016 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2015 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2014 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2013 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2012 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2011 Report
- ASCIA Annual Basten Oration
- Past ASCIA Annual Conferences (1990-2022)
- Published Abstracts ASCIA Conferences (2006-2022)
- Future ASCIA Annual Conferences
- ASCIA Awards and Grants
Content updated January 2023