ASCIA Membership Applications
ASCIA is the peak professional body of clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.
Health professionals are eligible to apply or ASCIA membership if they are:
- Actively involved in practice, teaching or research relating to clinical immunology and allergy; and
- Not engaged (either personally or on behalf of another person or organisation) in commercial activity involving the sale or marketing of allergy and clinical immunology related products, except as an incidental or minor subsidiary activity to clinical practice, teaching or research activities.
Please see below for specific requirements for Full (Ordinary) ASCIA membership.
All applications are reviewed at ASCIA Council meetings that are held 4-5 times per year. Once membership has been confirmed a Tax Invoice for the annual membership fee will be emailed. Applications are considered in accordance with the ASCIA Constitution (2015) and By Laws (2015), available on the ASCIA website: www.allergy.org.au/members/constitution
Categories of ASCIA membership
Full (Ordinary) members
Associate Medical - General Practitioner, being medical practitioners who are qualified as general practitioners
Associate – Trainee, being medical practitioners who are advanced trainees in clinical immunology and allergy
Associate – Retired, being persons who were former members of ASCIA and have retired from practice
ASCIA members benefits
- Discounted registration for ASCIA Annual Conferences
- Invitations to regional ASCIA events
- Access to the restricted members section of the ASCIA website, including food allergy, drug allergy and allergen immunotherapy information
- Regular ASCIA e-newsletters (usually monthly), which contain the latest news and updates regarding resources
- Eligibility to participate in ASCIA Committees, Working Parties and Interest Groups.
Content updated May 2018