ASCIA Membership Applications
ASCIA is the peak professional body of clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand. Health professionals are eligible to apply for ASCIA membership if they are actively involved in clinical practice, immunopathology, teaching or research relating to clinical immunology and allergy. All applications require a Full ASCIA member as a sponsor.
Applications are considered in accordance with the ASCIA Constitution (2015) and By Laws (2019) on the ASCIA website www.allergy.org.au/members/constitution which include specific requirements for ASCIA membership.
To apply for ASCIA membership:
- Email completed application form (as a typed WORD document, not a PDF) to ASCIA - details are on the form.
ASCIA application form 2020 with type in fields68.29 KB
- Do not send any payment with the application, as a Tax Invoice will be emailed once membership is confirmed, after being reviewed at an ASCIA Council meeting, which is held at least four times each year.
ASCIA Membership Categories
ASCIA Full Members
(i) be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) with Joint College Training Committee (JCTC) training in clinical immunology and allergy, or equivalent qualifications, and be registered for clinical practice in Australia (AHPRA - Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) or New Zealand (NZMC – New Zealand Medical Council); or
(ii) be a non-medical graduate (or medical graduate not registered for clinical practice in Australia or New Zealand) with a post-graduate doctoral research degree and at least ten years post graduate experience in clinical immunology and/or allergy; and
(b) Be actively involved in practice, teaching or research relating to clinical immunology and allergy in Australia or New Zealand; and
(i) Associate – Medical, being persons who are medical practitioners registered for clinical practice in Australia or New Zealand, including persons qualified as general practitioners, or registrars, or with specialist qualifications other than clinical immunology and allergy (e.g. FRACP, FRACS, FRANZCA, FACD);
(ii) Associate – Other Health Professionals, being persons qualified as allied health professionals (e.g. nurses, dietitians, pharmacists). or medical practitioners working in clinical practice overseas;
(iii) Associate – Scientists/Researchers, being persons qualified as scientists or with other relevant qualifications and experience working in a field relevant to clinical immunology and allergy;
(iv) Associate – Trainee, being persons who are advanced trainees in clinical immunology and allergy in Australia or New Zealand; and
(v) Associate – Retired, being persons who were formally members of the company and have retired from clinical practice.
ASCIA Member Benefits
- Discounted registration for ASCIA Annual Conferences.
- Invitations to regional ASCIA events.
- Access to the restricted members section of the ASCIA website, including food allergen challenge protocols, drug allergy protocols and allergen immunotherapy templates.
- Monthly ASCIA e-newsletters which contain the latest news and updates.
- Eligibility to participate in ASCIA Committees.
- Eligibility to apply for AIFA research grants.
- Invitations to ASCIA training meetings (for ASCIA Trainee members).
- Listing on ASCIA website (for ASCIA Full members) www.allergy.org.au/patients/locate-a-specialist
Content updated November 2019