ASCIA website - major update 2022
A major update of the ASCIA website (that commenced a few months ago) has now been completed in October 2022.
The update includes the following new and updated webpages, to make information easier to find, and improve the user experience:
- ASCIA website homepage - This webpage has been streamlined to feature quick links to the most frequently requested information, including How to Locate a Specialist, ASCIA Action Plans, ASCIA e-training courses and ASCIA anaphylaxis translations. https://www.allergy.org.au/
- Translated ASCIA anaphylaxis information - A new webpage enables quick links to translations https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/anaphylaxis/translations-of-anaphylaxis-information
- ASCIA information for patients and carers - Now accessible via image panels/tiles on a user-friendly webpage https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/information
- ASCIA health professional resources - Now accessible via image panels/tiles on a user-friendly webpage https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/papers
- ASCIA immunodeficiency resources for health professionals - Reordered under new headings (PID, IRT, SCIg, HAE) to make it easier to find information https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/papers/immunodeficiency
- ASCIA anaphylaxis resources for health professionals - Now easier to find as the length of this webpage has been reduced https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/anaphylaxis
- ASCIA food allergy resources for health professionals - Reordered under new headings to make it easier to find information https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/food-allergy
- ASCIA allergy prevention resources for health professionals - Reordered to make it easier to find information https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/prevention
Why is it important that we continue to update and improve the ASCIA website?
- The ASCIA website is a world leading source of accessible, consistent and evidence-based information about allergy and immunodeficiency.
- The ASCIA website continues to attract a large number of users, with more than 3.2 million pageviews, 2.1 million visits and 1.7 million unique visitors in the past year.
- The ASCIA website is regarded as one of the main ASCIA member services and sources of continuing professional development.
It is therefore important that we keep reviewing ASCIA website resources and the way that they are accessed, to inform future updates and improvements.
This news item was issued on 10 October 2022 and updated on 18 October 2022 by Jill Smith, CEO of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA). ASCIA is the peak professional body for clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.