The Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) is the peak professional society of clinical immunology and allergy specialists in Australia and New Zealand. ASCIA has been developing information about allergy, asthma and other immune diseases for health professionals since the year 2000, including:
ASCIA information for health professionals is:
- Developed by ASCIA committees or working parties, then peer reviewed by the ASCIA membership.
- Based on expert opinion and the available published medical literature at the time of review.
- Not influenced by commercial organisations
- Regularly reviewed by ASCIA and updated where necessary, to ensure the content is consistent with current published medical literature.
- Available at no charge from the ASCIA website.
Not intended to replace medical advice and any questions regarding a medical diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
Allergy and Asthma:
Other Immune Diseases:
ASCIA has developed a range of e-training courses for health professionals on a range of topics, including:
- Food allergy
- Allergic rhinitis
- Allergen immunotherapy
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Active Learning Module accredited by RACGP for 40 (Group 1) points
Links to these courses are available at:
To access these resources go to:
ASCIA Patient Information
A Career in Clinical Immunology and Allergy
Awards and Grants
Content updated October 2014