ASCIA Sponsorship Policy
ASCIA is a not-for-profit professional medical society, a non-government organisation and the peak professional body of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Specialists in Australia and New Zealand. As such, ASCIA cannot endorse products or services, nor advertise any products or services on its website, nor be influenced by commercial organisations on the content of its educational programs and website.
ASCIA's educational activities include:
- Health professional programs (e.g. ASCIA Annual Conferences, ASCIA Advanced Training meetings, ASCIA health professional information papers and position statements, ASCIA disease registers and procedural databases, ASCIA e-training courses for health professionals).
- Public education programs (e.g. ASCIA Education Resources patient information, ASCIA anaphylaxis resources, ASCIA e-training courses for schools, childcare services and community).
ASCIA's educational activities are dependent on:
- ASCIA members donating their unpaid time for resource development.
- Funding derived from membership fees, small educational grants from some state governments for specific projects and unrestricted educational grants from industry.
It is important to note that:
- Providers of unrestricted educational grants have no input into resource content or development and ASCIA does not endorse any products.
- ASCIA does not currently receive any funding from the federal Australian government nor from the New Zealand government.
- Links to external websites from the ASCIA website does not imply that their products or services are endorsed by ASCIA.
Sponsorship can comprise a combination of support for any of the following:
- ASCIA Annual Conference - exhibition and sponsorship
- ASCIA Education Resources (AER) – brochure printing and distribution rights
- ASCIA e-training courses – unrestricted educational grants
- ASCIA Advanced Training Meetings - unrestricted educational grants
- ASCIA disease registers – unrestricted educational grants
- ASCIA procedural databases – unrestricted educational grants
Organisations that are deemed appropriate sponsors (by ASCIA Council) are categorized as follows:
- Diamond: $40,000 (AUD) or more per annum
- Platinum: $25,000 - $40,000 (AUD) per annum
- Gold: $15,000 - $25,000 (AUD) per annum
Content updated January 2014