Order of Australia award for Professor Constance (Connie) Katelaris AM
11 June 2019:
It is with great pleasure that we confirm that an Order of Australia has been awarded to Professor Constance Katelaris AM.
Professor Constance Katelaris has made substantial contributions to the fields of allergy and clinical immunology, the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) and international allergy/immunology organisations. She has also authored and co-authored numerous publications on a wide variety of allergy and clinical immunology topics, is a regular invited speaker at national and international meetings and is acknowledged as an outstanding mentor to physicians training in allergy and clinical immunology.
Professor Katelaris has held several positions within ASCIA and international organisations, including:
Past President of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA);
Secretary-General of the World Allergy Congress 2000 held in Sydney:
Chair of the ASCIA 2011 Conference held in Sydney;
Past President of the Asian Pacific Association of Allergology, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (APAACI);
Editor of the Asia Pacific Allergy Journal;
- Executive positions on the World Allergy Organisation (WAO) Board.
As well as being Professor of Immunology and Allergy at Western Sydney University, and Head of Unit and Senior Staff Specialist at Campbelltown Hospital, Professor Katelaris is currently:
- Chair of the ASCIA HAE and CSU working parties;
- Deputy Chair of the ASCIA Drug Allergy committee;
- ASCIA representative on the Australian Prescriber journal as Immunology and Allergy sub-editor;
- Convenor of the Western Sydney University Graduate Certificate in Allergic Diseases;
- Chief investigator for Auspollen, the Australian Pollen Allergen Partnership.
We are therefore delighted that Professor Connie Katelaris has received an Order of Australia Award, in recognition of her significant contributions to improving the care of patients with allergy and other immune diseases.