What is AER
ASCIA Education Resources (AER) is an ongoing education project that was implemented by the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) in the year 2000, to provide reliable and up to date information on immune disorders, accessible at no charge from the ASCIA website www.allergy.org.au
ASCIA is the peak professional society of clinical immunology and allergy specialists in Australia and New Zealand, and as such, the AER project has access to the expertise of ASCIA members and the most up to date evidence based published medical literature.
Each AER document is:
- Developed by ASCIA committees or working parties, then peer reviewed by the ASCIA membership.
- Based on expert opinion and the available published medical literature at the time of review.
- Developed without any funding from commercial sources and is not influenced by commercial organisations.
- Regularly reviewed by ASCIA and updated where necessary, to ensure that the content is up to date and consistent with the current published medical literature.
Information contained in AER documents is not intended to replace medical advice and any questions regarding a medical diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
Create greater awareness and understanding of allergy, asthma and immune diseases: their impact, and appropriate (medically and scientifically proven) management options.
Help people recognise the symptoms of allergy, asthma and immune diseases.
Inform people of medically and scientifically proven methods for assessment, treatment and prevention.
Improve the quality of life for people with allergy, asthma or immune diseases.
- Assist patients and their doctors to make informed choices about management of immune disorders.
- About allergy
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) and sinusitis
- Allergy prevention
- Allergy testing
- Allergy treatment
- Asthma and allergy
- Food allergy
- Food other adverse reactions
- Immune deficiencies
- Insect allergy (bites and stings)
- Medication allergy
- Other allergies
- Skin allergy