The Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) is the peak professional society of clinical immunology and allergy specialists in Australia and New Zealand. ASCIA has been developing information for patients, consumers and carers since the year 2000. This information is:
- Developed by ASCIA committees or working parties, then peer reviewed by the ASCIA membership.
- Based on expert opinion and the available published medical literature at the time of review.
- Developed without any funding from commercial sources and is not influenced by commercial organisations.
- Regularly reviewed by ASCIA and updated where necessary, to ensure the content is consistent with current published medical literature.
- Available at no charge from the ASCIA website.
- Not intended to replace medical advice and any questions regarding a medical diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
The objectives are to:
Create greater awareness and understanding of allergy, asthma and other immune diseases: their impact, and appropriate (medically and scientifically proven) management options.
Help people recognise the symptoms of allergy, asthma and other immune diseases.
Inform people of medically and scientifically proven methods for assessment, treatment and prevention.
Improve the quality of life for people with allergy, asthma or other immune diseases.
- Assist patients, carers and their doctors to make informed choices about management of immune disorders.
- Common Myths about Allergy and Asthma Exposed
- Glossary of allergy terms
- What is allergy?
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergic Rhinitis Treatment Plan
- Is it Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever)?
- Nasal Polyps
- Pollen Allergy
- Pollen calendar - guide to common allergenic pollen
- Sinusitis and Allergy
- Adrenaline for Severe Allergies
- Allergen avoidance
- Allergy immunotherapy
- Transitioning from Paediatric to Adult Care
- About asthma and allergy
- Asthma and anaphylaxis
- Asthma Issues: sport, travel, and pregnancy
- Thunderstorm Asthma
- ASCIA Dietary avoidance for food allergy
- Cow's milk protein (dairy)
- Cow's milk protein (dairy) and soy
- Cow’s milk protein (dairy), egg and soy allergy
- Peanut and treenut
- Allergic and toxic reactions to seafood
- Coconut Allergy
- Cow`s Milk (Dairy) Allergy
- Food Allergy
- Food Allergy Challenges FAQs
- Food Allergy FAQs
- Management of Food Allergy
- Peanut, Tree Nut and Seed Allergy
- Eosinophilic Oesophagitis
- Food Intolerance
- Food Protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES)
- Milk, Mucus and Cough
- Common Variable Immune Deficiency
- Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy
- Primary Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Severe Combined Immune Deficiency Disease
- Adverse Reactions to Alternative Medicines
- Allergic reactions to aspirin and other pain killers
- Sulfonamide Antibiotic Allergy
Content updated October 2014